Ruth Soller » Blog


5/1/2025 12:05:27 PM

Florida Panther Endangered

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

We enjoyed trips to Florida while my son lived there. We drove out to Key West and visited galleries and museums in Naples and St. Petersburg. Visiting nature preserves, zoos, and botanical gardens provides rich resource material and inspiration for new paintings. Conservation and preservation of natural lands and endangered species is a growing passion.

I admit this challenging painting demanded much planning and reworking. I combined several resources to arrive at this composition. Imagine being in the wild Florida jungle and discovering an endangered Florida panther sunning on fallen logs in the Everglades.

Recently, I learned about a bridge built over land where numerous wildlife species cross under the highway and avoid automobile traffic. This is an example of man engineering a way to protect and coexist with wildlife.
Read More

10/9/2024 10:47:19 AM

"Wildlife in Boulder County"

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

I'm thrilled to present a feature artist show at Osmosis Gallery for the fall season of October through December 2024. My show "Wildlife in Boulder County" will feature eleven new oil paintings created while partnering with Wild Wings Art. My unique collection is based on plein air paintings of locations surrounding Niwot and includes wildlife native to the region.

Two special events offered for the public include entertainment and snacks. Kick off your holiday shopping during Enchanted Evening, Friday November 29th, 6-9 pm. Meet artist Ruth Soller at Osmosis Gallery, 290 Second Avenue, Niwot, CO 80544. Gallery Owner Anne Postle says, "the town of Niwot will be hopping!".

First Friday Art Walk at Osmosis Gallery will be Friday, December 6th, 6-9 pm. Meet artist Ruth Soller and learn about her new series "Wildlife in Boulder County". Find the perfect original gift for a family member or friend. Read More

2/8/2024 10:28:44 AM

Grey Wolf Moon

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

This nocturne snow scene of a grey wolf howling at the full Wolf Moon is primarily from my imagination and painted over a prior snow scene. This unframed gallery wrapped original oil is available from my studio or my website. Click the link below:

https://www.solleroriginals.com/workszoom/5513162/grey-wolf-moon#/ Read More

4/20/2023 1:19:09 PM

Spring Rabbit

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

Spring Rabbit, oil on canvas, 9x12, original available

I spied this rabbit on one of my morning walks and decided to paint him in this lovely spring flower garden of daffodils and grape hyacinths. I enjoy painting the beauty of nature that I often find nearby in my own yard or my neighborhood. This piece is galery wrapped and painted around the edges, ready to display in your home or as a gift for a nature lover.

Read More