Ruth Soller » Blog


4/20/2023 1:19:09 PM

Spring Rabbit

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

Spring Rabbit, oil on canvas, 9x12, original available

I spied this rabbit on one of my morning walks and decided to paint him in this lovely spring flower garden of daffodils and grape hyacinths. I enjoy painting the beauty of nature that I often find nearby in my own yard or my neighborhood. This piece is galery wrapped and painted around the edges, ready to display in your home or as a gift for a nature lover.

Read More

7/15/2020 12:18:47 PM

Mirabell Palace & Gardens

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

Last summer I traveled with my husband and Colorado Repertory Singers to Salzburg, Austria. After an exhausting 36 hours of travel to arrive at Salzburg, we were excited to take a morning walking tour of the beautiful and historic city. This studio oil painting is a pegasus fountain in Mirabell Gardens at the entrance to Mirabell Palace. I hope that you feel the joy of my uplifting and colorful painting. Read More

7/11/2020 10:15:33 AM

Saguaro Cactus Garden

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

We visited Tucson for my neice's wedding and discovered lovely Tucson Botanical Gardens. This studio oil painting is a view of the Cactus and Succulent Garden giving you a feeling of the plant variety in the desert surrounding Tucson. These gardens provide a tranquil and relaxing oasis in the center of the city.

Have you visited or lived in a desert? What did you discover about the plant or animal life there? Read More

7/24/2019 2:00:15 PM

Morning At Belvedere Palace Vienna Austria

Ruth Soller / Comment on this

This small watercolor was begun on location during my recent trip to Austria and the Czech Republic and completed in my studio. What a joy to observe the formal gardens at Belvedere Palace and attempt to interact with visitors from around the world. Read More